Today I have another vegan recipe for you. This time it’s gonna be a baked sweet potato with a vegan “minced meat” made out of veggies and tofu.
I do not follow an exclusively vegetarian or even vegan diet, but I still try to pay more attention to the meat I eat. And of course I want to show you frequently new meat-free or even vegan recipes. And what would be better for this than a stuffed sweet potato?
5 of your daily 5 in one meal
With this recipe you can cover your daily need of fruits and vegetables in only one meal. Because the vegan ground beef consists of tofu, cauliflower, mushrooms and tomatoes. Iition to that we gonna serve it with some kale. And unlike potatoes, the sweet potato also counts as a veggie. So you come up with 5 different portions of veggies in a single meal!
I love to have such recipes in stock. Especially on days when I know that my lunch or dinner is less nutritious, I can still cover my daily nutritional needs. And that’s what a balanced diet is all about, isn’t it?
I hope you like the recipe and try it out! And I promise you that not only vegans will like it but also every meat lover. Have a wonderful week and see you at the next recipe.
PS: If you are looking for more vegan recipes with sweet potatoes, you should not miss my sweet potato one pot.
vegan stuffed sweet potato
- 2 sweet potatoes approx. 300 – 350g
- 175 g smoked tofu
- 300 g cauliflower
- 300 g mushrooms
- 200 g small tomatoes
- 200 g strained tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150 g kale
- burrito seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt
- Cut a small slice in the middle of each sweet potato and bake them in the oven for about 50-60 minutes at 200 degrees convection.
- Wash the cauliflower and chop the florets very finely either in a food processor or with a knife, place in a non-stick pan and sauté well, stirring occasionally. Dab the tofu with some kitchen paper, crumble it finely with your hands and add to the cauliflower.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into small cubes or crush them once again by using a food processor and add them to the pan as well. Continue to fry everything at medium heat.
- Peel the garlic, cut it into fine slices, add it to the veggies and reduce the heat slightly. Pluck the kale and wash it thoroughly. Sauté the kale in a second pan at medium heat until it becomes nice and soft.
- Wash and quarter the tomatoes and add them together with the strained tomatoes to the veggies. Season generously with the burrito spice, cayenne pepper and a little bit of salt.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and remove the skin. Place the kale on two plates, put the sweet potatoes on top and then spread the veggie "minced meat" pan on top.
- calories: 471 kcal
- fat: 8 g
- carbohydrates: 66 g
- protein: 29 g