Today I share the second recipe for my little healthy fast or finger food series with you guys. In my opinion, meatballs should never be missing from any good finger food buffet. That is why I absolutly wanted to share a healthy cheese Meatball recipe in this series.
healthy cheese meatballs Mushrooms
And just making regular meatballs would be a bit boring, wouldn’t it? That’s why I thought of making mushroom meatballs. Because if you remember my fitness bolognese, you already know that I love to combine mushrooms with ground beef. In fact, if you chop the mushrooms very finely, their consistency is really similar to that of the ground meat. Therefore, mushrooms are a great idea to enrich those dishes with more volume and veggies.
And for that extra fast food kick, I also added some cheese. For this I prefer to use the protein cheese from Eatlean (advertising without order). This one has great nutritional values, making the Meatballs even healthier. Alternatively, you can also use any other kind of low fat cheese or simply some Parmesan or Pecorino cheese. However, just make sure to grate the cheese yourself. This way it will be much finer and more aromatic, which will only benefit the meatballs. 🙂
I love making these meatballs to go with pumpkin soup. I know the combo sounds a bit weird, but definitely give it a try! Otherwise, they also go great as a side dish, as a little snack or with some pasta in tomato sauce.
I hope you like the recipe and give it a try. Feel free to contact me if you have any recipe requests for this healthy fast food series. I wish you a lot of fun trying this recipe and a good appetite. See you at the next recipe,
- 14 oz 95% lean ground beef
- 3,5 oz mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1,6 oz low fat cheese e.g. some low fat chedder, Eatlean Cheese – alternatively Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- 1/4 cup oat flour alternatively flour or breadcrumbs
- salt, pepper
- chopped parsley fresh, dried or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees convection/hot air.
- Clean the mushrooms, peel the garlic, put both in a food processor and chop them very finely so that the mushrooms have a similar texture to the ground beef. Add the veggies to the meat, flour, eggs and spices and mix well.
- Finely grate the cheese and add to the ground beef mixture. Using a small ice cream scoop or a teaspoon, cut off equal portions, shape them into small balls with damp hands and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. (For me, this resulted in about 48 pieces).
- Put the meatballs in the oven for 20 minutes.
- calories: 211 kcal
- fat: 8,1 g
- carbohydrates: 4,9 g
- protein: 29.7 g