There are now so many banana bread recipes that you can start to wonder if there is any need for even more. But yes, you definitely still have to try this one! First, because it has so much better nutritional values than any other and secondly because banana and chocolate are simply a gorgeous combination.
low-calorie Banana Bread
Before Christmas, I already showed you a gingerbread and a Speculoosy Banana Bread. This recipe isn’t all that different, although of course it doesn’t taste a bit like Christmas. That means you can finally make this recipe all year round. And you can treat yourself to a slice whenever you feel like it. Cause per slice, my chocolate chip banana bread has only 124 calories. I mean that’s insane – we are still talking about a piece of cake.
Be sure to give this recipe a try. After all, there’s nothing better than a super healthy and low-calorie slice of cake in the afternoon, right? And this recipe is just perfect for that.
Have fun trying it out and see you at the next recipe! 🙂
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 260 g very ripe banana approx. 3 small or 2 big ones (8.8 oz)
- 1 1/4 cup whole grain spelt flour
- 1/4 cup erythritol or another (calorie free) sweetener you prefer
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips sugarfree or with natural sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F convection.
- Peel the bananas, mash them thoroughly with a fork and mix them together with the flour, baking powder, erythritol, salt and the soy yogurt.
- Separate the eggs, add the egg yolks and the chocolate drops to the batter and mix well. Beat the egg whites until stiff, then add them to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Fill the batter into a silicone loaf pan (alternatively just line a regular loaf pan with baking paper) and place in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes.
- calories: 124 kcal
- fat: 4 g
- carbohydrates: 16,8 g
- protein: 4.6 g