I thought I would like to start a little recipe series again. Actually, I had the idea to show you some healthy finger food ideas. Probably you could call it also healthy fast food too. But in the end, both are very similar and usually rather not the healthiest meals. Probably there is hardly anyone who can claim not to like any fast or finger food. Even though I never actually eat regular fries I couldn’t say that I wouldn`t like them. The reason I eat them extremely rarely is more because I know they taste just as good to me in a healthier version.
Healthy fast food
That’s why I want to show you a few ideas for healthy fast food recipes over the next couple of weeks. For instance you can look forward to cheese meatballs or a few delicious sandwich ideas. But the first recipe has to be French fries, am I right? And to emphasize the fast food spirit even more, I want to show you healthy cheese fries today.
Cheese Fries with a homemade Chipotle Ketchup
Of course you won’t need an deep fryer for my cheese fries. Neither do you need an Air Fryer, although obviously that will work as well. All you need is your oven! However, it is important that you cut your potatoes into really thin strips. Otherwise the cheese will burn before the potatoes are cooked through. But besides that, you can hardly go wrong with this simple recipe.
And if you want to pass the time wisely while the fries are in the oven, make some healthy ketchup yourself! Because nothing is easier than that! Thereby my chili ketchup consists of 100% natural ingredients and is prepared in less than 3 minutes! And the combination of the spicy chipotle ketchup and the cheesy fries is truly delightful!
I hope you like the recipe and the little fast food and finger food series. As always, I look forward to your feedback! Of course, feel free to write me anytime if you would like to see a specific recipe from me.
But for now I wish you a lot of fun trying this first healthy fast food recipe and I see you at the next recipe.
- 500 g potatoes sweet potatoes and/or regular potatoes
- 30 g eatlean protein cheese alternatively another low fat cheese like chedder or 20g more Parmesan cheese
- 15 g Parmesan cheese
- 10 g polenta
- 1 tsp olive oil
chipotle ketchup (approx. 6 servings)
- 150 g strained tomatoes
- 1 Medjool date
- 1/2 chipotle chili in adobo sauce alternatively some (chipotle) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- somked salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 400°F bottom/upper heat.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into very thin (about 0.5 – 1 cm thick) strips. Mix the fries with the fries seasoning and some salt. Grate the Eatlean cheese and the Parmesan cheese with a cheese grater and add them to the fries together with the polenta and the olive oil and mix well. Then place the fries on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- For the ketchup, place all ingredients in a blender or tall container and blend or puree them until there are no chunks left.
- Once the fries are done, they can be served along with the ketchup.
- calories: 290 kcal
- fat: 5 g
- carbohydrates: 44 g
- protein: 14 g