What’s the first thing that comes to your mind, when thinking of convenience food? I immediately think of frozen pizza. All you have to do is to pop it in the oven, wait some minutes, and you’ve got a hot pizza on your plate. But do you know what’s almost as easy and convenient as a frozen pizza? This super simple no-yeast no-rise pan pizza recipe! All you need are three basic ingredients and your favorite pizza toppings of choice. But to make things a little easier, I also have two delicious suggestions for you on how to top this healthy pan pizza dough.jump to recipe
Healthy Pan Pizza Recipe – Are You Kidding?
Okay, admittedly, pizza will never be the healthiest meal in the world. However, you can turn it into a relatively wholesome meal with a just few tips and tricks. And compared to a frozen pizza, this no-yeast no-rise pan pizza recipe is a really healthy alternative.
That’s partly because we only need three ingredients to make this no-yeast, no-rise pan pizza. These are whole wheat flour, yogurt and baking powder. If you compare that to the miserably long ingredient lists on the frozen pizza boxes, that’s a huge difference.
But it ultimately depends on the toppings when it comes to the question about how well-balanced and nutritious this pan pizza will turn out to be. If you add some vegetables and some few extra proteins, your pizza will be quite nutritious.
But you know what? Not every single meal has to be super balanced and nutritious all the time. So, if you’re just craving pizza, you’re still making a great choice with this no-yeast, no-rise pan pizza recipe.
And whenever I have one of those days, I just try to incorporate a bit more veggies into my other meals that day and I’m right back on track. Just keep in mind that the balance is the key to a healthy and wholesome diet. 😊
The quantities, as they are given in this no-yeast no-rise pan pizza recipe, refer to one serving. If you want to make two, three or more servings, you can easily adjust the amounts accordingly.
I always base portion sizes on my personal dietary needs (presumably those of the average woman). However, you or perhaps one of your fellow eaters may need more (or less) than I do.
Ingredients for one serving of the no-yeast no-rise pan pizza dough:
- 75 grams or ½ cup or 2.6 ounces of whole wheat flour
- 65 grams or ¼ cup or 2.3 ounces of plain yoghurt
- one teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- one teaspoon of oil
- Pizza toppings of choice
Alternatives and Substitutions
Fell free to use a plant-based alternative instead of yogurt. Just make sure that you’re using a unsweetened one. Furthermore, you can also use a higher protein alternative such as low-fat Greek yogurt.
And the best thing with pizza is of course the topping and that you can choose whatever you like most! One of my favorites is a simple pizza topping with the world’s best pizza sauce, some mozzarella cheese, and some cherry tomatoes.
But once again, feel free to use whatever you like most.
Pizza Bianca with Ricotta Cheese and Vegetables
One pizza topping, I’ve recently fall in love with, is a ricotta cheese pizza with pan fried vegetables. To do so, just mix some ricotta cheese with a fat-reduced cream cheese and spread it on top of your no-yeast no-rise pan pizza dough. Then top it with some pan-fried eggplant and zucchini slices and some shredded pizza or mozzarella cheese.
Healthy No-Yeast No-Rise Pan Pizza Recipe – Here’s How It’s Done
Well, let’s take a look at how to make this no-yeast no-rise whole wheat pan pizza recipe! First of all, let’s start with the pizza dough. Therefore, put all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and knead it into a well-combined dough.
Now place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and either roll it out with a rolling pin or shape it into a semi-round pizza by using your hands.
Pan Pizza Made on the Stove and in the Oven
All right, this recipe comes with two options on how to prepare the no-yeast no-rise pan pizza. If you have an oven-safe pan, I suggest the first one:
While you’re shaping your dough, you can heat up your pan over medium-high heat and then carefully spread the oil in it – preferably by using a silicone brush or kitchen tissue. Now carefully place the pizza in the pan and fry it for three minutes.
Then remove the pan from the heat and place it in the preheated oven at 160°C or 320°F.
Now remove the pan from the oven and top your pizza with your favorite pizza toppings. Then put the pan back into the oven for about eight to ten minutes.
If your pan can handle higher temperatures, feel free to increase the temperature while decreasing the time to five minutes.
How to Make Pan Pizza Without an Oven
If you don’t have an oven-safe pan on hand, that’s not a problem at all. In that case, you simply prepare the pan pizza just on the stove.
To do so, start as with the oven version and fry the pizza dough from one side for three minutes. Then carefully flip it over, remove it from the stove while topping it with your favorite ingredients.
Now put the pan back on the stove and continue frying it over medium heat until your cheese has melted. To speed up the process and prevent the pizza from burning on the bottom side, you should put a lid on top. This keeps the heat inside the pan, just like in an oven. And after a few minutes the pizza is ready to serve.
I hope you like this super easy no-yeast no-rise pan pizza recipe! If so, make sure to give it a try. An if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments, or send me a massage via email or Instagram (@julesbalancedrecipes).
In case, you’ve tried this healthy no-yeast no-rise pan pizza recipe, I’d appreciate your comment and rating on this recipe. It’s easy to do via the comments section below this post and it would mean the world to me.
Have fun trying it out and bon appétit,
Save for later
Click the pin button and add the recipe to one of your Pinterest boards. This way you can also easily bookmark the recipe for later. The pin button will appear as soon as you hover over the picture.
You might also like:
No-Yeast No-Rise Pan Pizza Recipe
- 1 medium-sized, oven-safe pan alternatively a non-oven-safe pan
- optionally a rolling pin
- 75 g whole wheat flour (~½ cup or 2.6 oz)
- 65 g plain yogurt * (~¼ cup or 2.3 oz)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp oil ***
Pizza Bianca Toppings **
- ⅓ eggplant
- ⅓ zucchini
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fat-reduced cream cheese
- 1.5 tsp ricotta cream cheese
- 20 g shredded pizza cheese or mozzarella cheese (fat-reduced)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F (only if using an ovenproof pan).
- In case of making the pizza Bianca version, wash the eggplant and zucchini and cut them into thin slices or strips. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the eggplant and zucchini strips for 3 to 5 minutes, remove them from the pan and set aside. Mix the ricotta and cream cheese with a pinch of salt, set aside as well.
Prepare the Pan Pizza Dough
- Mix the flour with yogurt, some salt, and baking powder and knead it into a smooth dough. Next, shape to dough into a thin pizza by using your hands or a rolling pin.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat, spread the oil evenly in the pan by using a silicon brush or kitchen tissue (feel free to use a non-stick-cooking spray instead). Carefully place the pizza in the pan and fry it for 3 minutes.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for another three minutes. Then take it out, spread the ricotta cream cheese mixture, the fried eggplant and zucchini pieces on top and sprinkle it with some shredded cheese or mozzarella. Alternatively use a tomato pizza sauce and toppings of your choice.
- Return the pizza to the oven for another 8 to 10 minutes until the cheese is nicely melted.
How to make pan pizza without an oven
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat, spread the oil evenly and carefully place the pizza dough in the pan. Fry it for 3 minutes on one side before you carefully flip it over. Remove the pan from the stove while topping it with the ricotta mixture, fried vegetables, and some cheese or with your favorite toppings of choice. Return the pan back on the stove, put a lid on top, and bake the pizza over medium to low heat until the cheese has melted.
- calories: 334 kcal
- fat: 9 g
- carbohydrates: 48 g
- protein: 11 g
- calories: 467 kcal
- fat: 16 g
- carbohydrates: 54 g
- protein: 22 g