As I have noticed, many of you love hummus as much as I do! Especially my beetroot hummus in my Quinoa salad was well received by you. So today I would like to show you another recipe with it. It is really super easy and can be taken along with you or eaten on the way.
These pretty hummus wraps consist of just four ingredients. Of course you need some tortilla wraps. These are then filled with hummus, rocket and feta. I like to top this with the hummus topping from Just Spices (advertising without order). But you can also sprinkle some sea salt and sesame seeds on top.
I have chosen some protein wraps here again. I got them from Aldi and they have really good macros. But of course whole grain or corn tortillas goes as well.
Even if you can find the recipe for the beetroot hummus further down, I will link you the basic recipe for my low calorie hummus here once again. I hope you like the recipe. Let me know what you think about it when you tried it out. 🙂
for the hummus
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1/2 small fresh beet root
- 10 grams Tahini
- 10 grams almond butter
- 1 clove of garlic or some garlic powder
- 30 grams unsweetened soy yoghurt
- salt, pepper, cumin, ground coriander
for the wraps
- 70 grams feta light
- 1-2 handfuls of fresh rocket
- 2 small or 1 large tortillia flat cakes e.g. protein wraps, whole grain or corn tortilla
- optionally some hummus topping from Just Spices or some sea salt and sesame seeds
- Cut the beetroot in half and remove the skin from one half, quarter it and put it into a tall container or a blender.
- Pour half of the liquid from the chickpeas and add the rest together with the chickpeas to the beetroot. Add the tahini, almond butter, soy yogurt and the garlic or garlic powder as well as the spices. Now puree everything or blend in your blender until a smooth, homogeneous mass is obtained.
- Place the two small or one large wrap on a board or plate and put about 1/4 of the hummus on the middle of the flat cake. Crumble the feta and put it on top of the hummus, as well as the hummus topping or the sea salt and the sesame seeds. Wash the rocket and spread it on the middle as well.
- Now fold in the lower and upper edges and carefully roll up the wrap from one side. I find it easier if you just put a piece of aluminum foil underneath and use it to form the wrap into a solid roll. This way the wrap keeps its shape even if you want to take it with you.