I found these small and cute pumpkins at the gorcery store the other day. And of course I knew immediately that I had to make stuffed pumpkins out of them. You can usually find those mini pumpkins at your local Farmer’s market or places like that.
And there are endless varieties with which you can fill your pumpkin. From ground beef to some kind of rice skillets or even soups. There are so many delicious ideas. However, I have filled my pumpkins with one of my favorite dishes – my beloved porridge.
pumpkin stuffed with a savory veggie porridge
I cooked my oats with water just like I usually do. I also added a grated purple carrot, mushrooms and garlic. Since I prefer to use the protein cheese from Eatlean (advertising without order), my pumpkins also have a lot of protein. But if you want, you can also stir in a unflavored protein powder.
I hope you like the recipe and try it out. And all of you, who love pumpkin as much as I do, can find many more delicious pumpkin recipes here on my blog. For example my pumpkin quiche or my yummy pumpkin pesto!
Have a nice day and see you all at the next recipe on sunday.
- 2 mini Hokkaido pumpkins
- 80 g quick cooking oats
- 1 big carrot a violet one or a regular one
- 150 g mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp instant vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp yeast flakes
- 50 g protein-cheese (e.g. the eatlean cheese or any other kind of light cheese)
- salt, pepper, (dried) thyme
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees convection. Wash the pumpkins thoroughly, cut off the "lid" and scrape out the seeds. Put the pumpkins in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- After approx. 15 minutes, peel and finely grate the carrot. Clean the mushrooms, peel the garlic and chop both finely. Sauté the veggies briefly in a pot, then add the oats together with double the amount of water. Bring the oatmeal briefly to the boil and season with the instant broth, the yeast flakes, some salt, pepper and thyme.
- Chop or grate the cheese and stir the most of it into the porridge. Then fill the oatmeal into the pumpkins, sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- calories: 457 kcal
- fats: 6 g
- carbohydrates: 70 g
- protein: 24 g