Two weeks ago I finally bought myself a waffle iron. Before that I actually lived for years without the possibility to make myself some waffles. And after coming up with this recipe, I’m really wondering how I had managed that.
And these waffles are really the best I have ever eaten, because they are wonderfully juicy, fluffy and sweet. I love to top them off with some soy yogurt, berries and sugar-free syrup. But also peanut butter and a few slices of banana fit so well on the waffles!
I hope you try this recipe. I have never eaten better waffles! And if you like this recipe as much as I do, I will have a winter edition for you soon!
- 160 grams quick cooking oats
- 2 eggs
- 80 grams sugarfree applesauce
- 7 grams baking powder
- 15 grams vegan protein powder vanilla flavor
- 125 ml soy milk or any other non-dairy milk
- 125 ml sparkling water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 pipette flavdrops (best in a maple flavor) alternatively more stevia
- a few dashes of stevia or another sweetener of your choice
- First process half of the oats (80g) to fine flour. Then mix all dry ingredients (oats, oatflour, baking powder, protein powder, salt, cinnamon) in a large bowl.
- Then add the eggs, the applesauce, your milk and sweetener and mix everything with a hand mixer or whisk. Finally add the sparkling water and stir well again.
- Let your waffle iron preheat, spray it with some non stick cooking spray or brush it with a few drops of neutral oil. Then add enough dough in the middle, close it and wait until everything is cooked through and the waffles begin to get slightly crispy. Repeat this until your dough is used up.
- calories: 143 kcal
- fat: 3,7 g
- carbohydrates: 17.9 g
- protein: 8.1 g