I love cooking more than anything else. But sometimes even I have days when I don’t feel like a long cooking session. I think everybody knows that, don’t you? Or sometimes there are days where you are on the go all the time. In those days you often don’t have the time to sit down and enjoy a delicious lunch in peace and quiet. And for all those occasions, I have the perfect recipe for you today.
So if it has to go fast or you need something that you can also take along with you, you should give this recipe a try. Because my tuna sandwiches are not only made really fast and easy. They also have great nutritional values and taste simply fantastic!
tuna, pesto and cheese
All you need for that are whole grain toasts, tuna, cheese, spinach and my red pesto. I personally always have a homemade pesto in the refrigerator, so I can always fall back on it on stressful days. But since we only need a small amount of pesto, you can also use a purchased one. (Even though homemade always tastes better 🙂 )
I make my sandwiches in my Sandwich Maker. As I told you in my Waffles-post the week before, I finally own a waffle iron. And it can also be transformed in a sandwich maker. But if you don’t have such an appliance at home, you can also prepare them in the oven, of course.
I hope you like the recipe and try it out. If you are also looking for the perfect homemade snack to go, take a look at my protein balls with a gingerbread filling.
- sandwich maker
- 4 slices of whole grain toast
- 40 g tuna (in water)
- 20 g grated light cheese
- 1 handfull of fresh spinach
- 1 portion of Pesto rosso (link to the recipe can be found in the notes) alternatively: purchased red pesto
- Let the sandwich maker (or alternatively the oven to 200 degrees bottom/top heat) preheat.
- Meanwhile, spread the pesto on each slice of toast. Put the tuna, cheese and a few spinach leaves on 2 slices and put the other ones on top as a cover.
- Put the sandwiches in the sandwich maker.Alternatively, if you prepare them in the oven, spread the spinach, tuna and cheese evenly on all four slices and put them in the oven without a " cover " until the cheese has melted nicely.
- calories: 402 kcal
- fat: 8 g
- carbohydrates: 48 g
- protein: 31 g