Is there anything better than a delicious, comforting stew – especially on such cold and dark days? I don’t think so, which is why I’m currently in love with this very simple sweet potato one-pot. All you have to do is a tiny it of chopping. Next you can throw all the ingredients in one pot and let it cook for about thirty minutes or so. It’s literally don’t need any more effort to create a healthy comforting meal. And even this sweet potato one-pot tastes great just like that, it’s even better the next day. Therefore, it’s perfect for meal prep or to reheat the leftovers the next day.jump to recipe
Health Benefits Of Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients which is why they are always a good choice if it comes to carbs. On the one hand, sweet potatoes contain a high amount of beta-carotene, which our body converts into the important vitamin A. Vitamin A supports our immune system and plays an important role in the protection of our cells. On the other hand, sweet potatoes are also rich in vitamin E, which contributes to the binding of free radicals in the body and thus protects against too rapid cell aging.
In addition, the orange tuber provides us with large amounts of potassium and magnesium, which together stabilize our blood pressure and regulate the electrolyte and fluid balance of the body. Plenty of reasons to eat sweet potatoes on a regular basis!
Simple Sweet Potato One-Pot
An easy way to eat sweet potatoes more often is this delicious sweet potato one-pot. One-pots are probably the easiest and most straightforward way to cook. All the ingredients are just thrown into a pot and cooked. This makes one-pots the perfect recipe for both newbie cooks and those who like things to be quick and easy.
Another advantage of this sweet potato one-pot is that it’s 100% healthy. I mean everything that goes in here are sweet potatoes, vegetables, spices and smoked tofu. Nevertheless, it tastes delicious. Okay, enough talking, let me show you how to make this one-pot
Ingredients for the vegan sweet potato one-pot
- one large eggplant
- 500 grams of sweet potatoes (about 2 smaller or medium-sized potatoes or about 17 oz)
- one onion, two cloves of garlic
- half a leek
- 200 grams or 7 oz of smoked tofu
- one teaspoon of olive oil
- 300 grams of strained tomatoes – 1 cup plus 2 tbsp
- 200 to 250 milliliters of vegetable broth – ¾ to 1 cup
- salt, pepper, dried chili flakes
Vegan Stew With Smoked Tofu and Sweet Potatoes – This Is How It’s Done
I promise, this recipe is really easy to make. The only thing you actually have to do for it is a little bit of chopping. To do this, you can first cut the eggplant into small pieces, about one centimeter in size, and put them aside. Next, you can peel the sweet potatoes and also chop them into small, about one centimeter cubes. Next, peel and finely dice the onions and garlic cloves. Cut the leek in half lengthwise, rinse thoroughly under running water and then cut into fine strips. Finally, cut the smoked tofu into cubes of about one centimeter. And now the actual work is done.
First, put the oil in the pot and let it heat up briefly over medium-high heat. Then add the diced onion and garlic and fry them briefly until translucent. Now you can add the rest of the ingredients as well as the strained tomatoes, water and vegetable stock powder. Mix everything well and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium to low and let the sweet potato one-pot simmer for about 30 minutes with the lid closed. The sweet potato one-pot is ready as soon as the sweet potatoes are nicely soft. Finally, season it with a little salt and pepper. And depending on how spicy you and your loved ones like to eat, you can add more or less dried chili flakes.
Make Ahead Sweet Potato Stew
This vegan sweet potato one-pot is perfect when you need to get dinner on the table quickly and without a lot of effort. However, it tastes at least as good, if not better, reheated the next day or the day after. This makes the sweet potato one-pot perfect for a meal prep. If you like, you can also add any dried or fresh herbs you like, or reduce the amount of water in favor of fresh cherry tomatoes. Instead of fresh tomatoes, you can also use canned cherry tomatoes.
I hope you like this very simple sweet potato one-pot and give it a try. If you have any questions or suggestions about this stew, feel free to drop them in the comments, or send me a massage via email or Instagram (@julesbalancedrecipes). Also, I’d appreciate your comment and rating on this recipe if you’ve tried it. It’s easy to do via the comments section below this post.
Have fun trying it out and bon appétit,
Save For Later
Click the pin button and add the recipe to one of your Pinterest boards. This way you can also easily bookmark the recipe for later. The pin button will appear as soon as you hover over the picture.
You might also like …
- The Simplest Recipe For Pho Soup – Here’s How To Make Pho Soup Quick & Easy
- Pumpkin Soup With Potato And Meatballs – Here’s How To Make A Creamy Thick Pumpkin Soup
- Gnocchi Bake Lasagna Style – Easy Gnocchi Bolognese Casserole
Sweet Potato One-Pot
- pot with lid
- 1 large eggplant
- 500 g sweet potatoes about 2 smaller or medium-sized potatoes or about 17 oz
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ leek
- 200 g smoked tofu 7 oz
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 300 g strained tomatoes 1 cup + 2 tbsp
- 200 – 250 ml vegetable broth ¾ to 1 cup
- salt, pepper, dried chili flakes
- Wash the eggplant, peel sweet potatoes, and cut both into small cubes of about 1 cm. Peel and finely dice the onions and garlic. Cut the leek in half lengthwise, rinse thoroughly, and cut into thin strips. Next cut the tofu into small cubes about 1 cm.
- Heat oil in a large pot, add the diced onions and garlic, sauté briefly until translucent. Add the remaining ingredients including strained tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring the stew to a boil once, then reduce heat and simmer over medium heat with lid closed for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Season the sweet potato one-pot with salt, pepper, and chili to taste.
- calories: 486 kcal
- fat: 12 g
- carbohydrates: 66 g
- protein: 26 g